6/6/07

Here we go!!

Hi girls!!

I started this blog as a platform to change all news concerning the travelling-journals-project.
We all together can decide, if we want to keep it "close" or "open".

Currently we are 10, because Tine "retired" before starting, she hasn't got the time.
I will once again ask for participants on my other blog but I think better less than 12 with your high motivation than the other way round.

So here is the "official" paper:

*Create or look for a journal wich has about 100 pages, so everybody has about 4 or 5 double-pages to design. Please make sure, that everybody knows at any time, who is the owner of the book.
Take the first 5 double-pages to talk/paint/create about anything you want the others to know.
First shipping period is end of July and we have to take alook on how long the books will be on their way to the next participants.

* You will have one month to work on each book and then hand it over to the next one.

* Life can change a lot during one year and things might appear, which make it impossible to go on with the project or just have a break. Pleas let us know immediately, when there is a delay or a break or you have to quit for any reason.

*I would like to hand a list with all snail and email-adresses to all participants to give you the possibility to stay in non-virtual-contact ;))

* we need to discuss the shipping costs: is there somebody who wouldn't mind to pay a bit more than the others? Please do a little research and we talk about that at the end of June!
Currently we have:

Japan:Joey
Israel: Julie
US: Dawn
Australia: MarianneAlice, Amy
Europe: Sia/Netherlands, Caty/France, Di/Scotland, Topchamp/Scotland, Uschi/Germany

@ Joey/Julie, Dawn: what is the cheapest country you can ship to?

Should we change continents as often as we can, or doesn't this matter for you??

Any open questions left?????
I give you all a big hug and am very much looking forward to get started!!!
Uschi

8 comments:

Joei Lau said...

Uschi, thanks for putting all your efforts to have the project started.

For me, shipping from Tokyo doesn't make big difference for countries other than Asia. So, any country is fine for me.

Catalina said...

Hi everybody! Thank you Uschi to start this project! I had been epecting taht since looooong time ago.

Any country is ok for me too.

Dawn D. Sokol said...

Uschi: I don't think it's going to matter for me as far as shipping costs are concerned...I think it'll all be about the same. I think the costs are going to be SO worth it!

I'm really looking forward to doing this. I already have a "book" picked out...I just need to gut it and add pages of my favorite paper so I can start working in it.

Are there any guidelines as to what we include in our journaling? Are we focusing on culture, surroundings, etc.?

Dawn D. Sokol said...

BTW: Google recognizes me as "d." I will sign all my comments from now on.

Dawn
dblogala.typepad.com

julie said...

Big hugs to you too..thanks for organising this..I think shipping to you Uschi is the cheapest for me!!!

Di said...

Thank you for organizing this!! I am happy to post anywhere - as long as no one puts lead in their book :o)

Will have to find a good journal now!!

Catalina said...

I have my journal already!

If I understand well we may contribute with posts here?

I visited your blogs (if you have one, some profiles don't lead to a blog) or Flickr and it is very interesting to know a little about you!

TopChamp said...

I don't mind how often we swap continents, but it would be nice to do so.

Please - anyone - feel free to give me a prod if we're getting close to a deadline. I am very much up for this but organisation (so getting of my rear to go to the post office..) isn't exactly my strongest point.